Taught by experienced straw bale builder Paul Reimer out of Steinbach, MB, this second course will cover both the stacking and stuccoing components of building a strawbale cabin (enveloping around a timber frame structure). The course will run at the beautiful building site of High Lake located just 2.5 km south of Falcon Trails Resort.
This course will go over...
• House requirements
• Bale measurements
• Simple wall assembly
• Half and custom bale making
• Installation of window and door bucks
● Mixing cement stucco
● Applying stucco
● Stuccoing in corners and along edges
And a stucco work party!
The course will only run with a minimum of 8 registrations so tell your friends!
Cost is $250/person/2 day course and includes...
• 2 days of instruction from 9:30am – 5:30pm (with an hour lunch break)
• A delicious dinner on Saturday night, catored by Matt Foster of the Crooked Brothers and Jenna Kessler (**students will be required to bring their own breakfast and lunch food)
• A patch of grass to pitch a tent on or space in the Falcon Ridge Ski Chalet to sleep on the floor
• Outhouse facilities
• A wonderful weekend get-a-way on the beautiful High Lake
• Evening saunas and campfire jams (my cousin's bringing his bagpipes!)
Please follow this link to fill out the application form and I will get back to your shortly...
Questions? Please don’t hesitate to give me call or shoot me an email.
Project lead: Caleigh Christie