Time: September 1, 2012 to September 3, 2012
Location: Falcon Trails Resort
Street: 100 Ridge Road
City/Town: Falcon Lake
Website or Map: http://www.falcontrails.mb.ca/
Event Type: course
Organized By: Caleigh Christie
Latest Activity: Aug 13, 2012
Taught by experienced straw bale builder Paul Reimer out of Steinbach, MB, this first course will review raising an enveloping straw-bale wall (enveloping around a timber frame structure). The course will run at the beautiful building site of High Lake located just 2.5 km south of Falcon Trails Resort.
This first course will go over...
• House requirements
• Bale measurements
• Simple wall assembly
• Half and custom bale making
• Installation of window and door bucks
Cost is $400/person/3 day course and includes...
• 3 days of instruction from 9:30am – 5:30pm (with an hour lunch break)
• Delicious food for breakfast and dinner only, catored by Matt Foster of the Crooked Brothers (**students will be required to bring their own bag lunches)
• A patch of grass to pitch a tent on, or a square of carpet to sleep on inside the Falcon Ridge Ski Chalet (if available) (please bring own tent and sleeping supplies)
• Outhouse facilities
• Your own hand-made straw bale needle to take home (crafted by local blacksmith Matt Jenkins)
• A wonderful weekend get-a-way on the beautiful High Lake
• Evening saunas and campfire jams
Application deadline is August 15th, please download and fill out the application atwww.falcontrails.mb.ca and email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Please don’t hesitate to give me call or shoot me an email with questions.
Project lead: Caleigh Christie
Also! Check out my Facebook page to remain updated on the status of the project!